Thursday, August 22, 2013

Interview Scheduled



Better news! Weeks and months of hard work (ok, just waiting) have successfully landed me on the schedule for an Oral Assessment. Looks like September 24th will be the day of reckoning. The invitation came with a rather terrifying attachment describing the Oral Assessment process. The next step is to start working on what approximately amounts to a mountain of paperwork to be completed and brought to my interview. Fortunately, I remember every place I and all my friends have ever lived, doesn’t everyone? Oh… right… On the plus side, it gives me something to do to feel productive while I wait for my Assessment day, rather than nervously speculating about my failure.

2 comments:

  1. Is a two month waiting period common before receiving an oral assessment appointment common? I just received an e-mail announcing that I will receive an e-mail with an appointment date. Any information would be excellent because I am currently residing overseas and my wife and I just found out last week she is 2 months pregnant. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on both the upcoming child and passing the first round of the application process! I can't speak definitively, but most of the people in my orientation class waited several months for the "pre-appointment e-mail" and then their appointment date came pretty soon after that. My class had a range of lengths for the hiring process. I believe the shortest was 4 months from applying to offer letter and the longest was just under two years. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that affects when oral assessments and orientation classes are scheduled. I know that's not much help, but it seems probable that the baby will come before your potential start date. You can also defer an offer once without any penalty. Since orientations tend to be at least a month apart, that could give you some flexibility. Good luck in your Oral Assessment and more importantly (if this is your first) in being a parent!

    ReplyDelete