Saturday, March 15, 2014

Week 2 of Training: Basic Telephones!

This week was our first week of 'actual training' at FSI. Since our group is so large, they split us into 2 groups, and then further split those groups into two groups for half the classes. My subgroup started training with Basic Telephones. The class started with learning to punch 24 gauge cross connects and finished with a practical exam to take the system from no-configuration to fully configured. 
Recycling our used wires!
I'll be honest... I knew next to nothing about phones going into this course... and it was a blast! I learned a ton. The instructor was informative and entertaining; the class was small, and the atmosphere was very relaxed. We finished all the material on Wednesday, so we spent Thursday doing a beefed up practical exam and took our written exam Friday morning. As expected, everyone passed. 

I hope my remaining 9 courses are as informative and fun as this one! Next week's class is offsite, which means a longer commute, but is another subject I know nothing about. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. The class started with learning to punch 24 gauge cross connects and finished with a practical exam to take the system from no-configuration to fully configured. yeastar

    ReplyDelete